NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – A Nashville hotel has canceled a conference by the Sharia Awareness Action Network, saying it was concerned the speakers include “extremists” with a history of contentious events, (Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer)
The “Preserving Freedom Conference” had been scheduled for Nov. 11 at the Hutton Hotel near downtown. The hotel in a statement Monday said it has to be “mindful of the safety, security and peace of mind of its guests.”
The hotel cited reports by the Anti-Defamation League and Southern Poverty Law Center about speakers Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer of the group Stop Islamization of America, adding that they have “a history of controversy and contention surrounding their appearances.”
Preserving Freedom Conference CANCELED
Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 8:00am to 5:15pm (ET)
Confirmed Gasbag Speakers included
- Pamela Geller of Stop Islamization of America ** and Atlas Shrugs
- Robert Spencer of Stop Islamization of America and Jihad Watch
- J. Thomas Smith of U.S. Justice Foundation **
- William J. Murray of Religious Freedom Coalition **
- Andrew Miller and Lou Ann Zelenik of Tennessee Freedom Coalition **
- Frank Gaffney of Center for Security Policy **
- Fred Grandy, former congressman and actor
- David French of American Center for Law and Justice *
- Andrea Lafferty of Traditional Values Coalition *
- Christopher Holton of Center for Security Policy
- Mathew Staver of Liberty Counsel
- Dr. Mark Duriel Australia and Barrister Paul Diamond, United Kingdom
- Wafa Sultan, Champion of women’s rights and James Lafferty of Virginia Anti-Sharia Task force
- Father Keith Roderick of The Coalition for the Defense of Human Rights
- Honorable Rick Womick and Kenneth Timmerman, author and journalist
- Linda Brickman of Arizona Freedom Alliance and Rabbi Jonathan Hausman
- Steve Gill, Syndicated talk show host and Michael DelGiorno, WTN talk show host
A post on Geller’s website said the hotel had “caved to Islamic supremacist demands” and urged supporters to call the hotel’s management to complain.
Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer are the “directors” of Stop the Islamization of America (SIOA) which has been labeled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
This is the second time in no less than a week that a major hotel has canceled a SIOA event, just last week the Hyatt Place in Sugarland Texas cancelled a tea party event where radical Pamela Geller was scheduled to speak. Steve Eckley, Senior Vice-President of the Hutton Hotel in NASHVILLE, Tenn did the right thing in keeping these SIOA goons off of his property.
The Hyatt Place hotel, where activist Pamela Geller was going to address the crowd and sign copies of her new book Stop the Islamization of America, canceled their meeting space, forcing the Tea Party to reserve a nearby community center.
“In light of the business disruptions affiliated with this event, it has been moved to an alternate location,” said a Hyatt Place manager, who declined to give further details on the decision.
“Let’s send a message to the fear mongers and haters in Sugar Land and Fort Bend County that the likes of Ms. Pamela Geller and her bigoted ideology are not welcome here in the 4th most racially diverse county in the USA,” resident Deron Patterson said in a Sugar Land Democrats Club press release.
Major Hotels across the USA need to make note of what has happened in NASHVILLE, Tenn and Sugarland Texas and continue to bar Fear Mongers and SIOA Haters Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer from their properties, it’s just good business.