Tags

,

Monday, November 11, 2013 

Basit Javed Sheikh, 29, of Cary, is charged in a federal criminal indictment with attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.
RALEIGH, N.C. – Basit Javed Sheikh is  facing federal charges that he sought to join an al-Qaida-linked  militant group fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad. Basit Javed Sheikh, 29, of 300 Swansboro Drive Cary NC, is charged in a federal criminal indictment  with attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist  organization. He was arrested on Nov. 2 before boarding the first of a  series of flights that would take him to Lebanon, he had originally booked a one way flight on September 6th, 2013 from Raleigh NC to New York City NY and onto Itanbul Turkey but postponed the flight, see Federal Indictment CLICK HERE.

Basit Javed Sheikh told an  FBI informant he was going to join the group called the Nusrah Front in  Syria by using Facebook private messaging, an FBI agent said in a sworn affidavit obtained by The Associated Press. For 5 months this year,  Sheikh, also known as Abdul Basit, posted messages and videos on  Facebook expressing support for jihadi militants fighting Assad’s forces in the bloody, 3-year-old Syrian civil war that has killed more than  100,000 people, said the affidavit signed by FBI Special Agent Jason  Maslow. In August, Sheikh began an online relationship with an FBI informant who used a Facebook page promoting Islamic extremism, the  affidavit said.

Basit Javed Sheikh told the informant in early September that  he’d bought a one-way ticket to travel to Turkey in hopes of making  contact with people who would get him to Syria and join Nusrah Front, see photo above. Sheikh said he backed  out because “he could not muster the strength to leave his parents,” the affidavit said. Sheikh said he had traveled to Turkey last year hoping  to join the fight in Syria, but became dispirited by his experience with people who claimed to be part of the U.S.-backed Free Syrian Army.
ncjihadists
Four years ago, eight Raleigh-area Muslims were arrested on charges they  were behind a homegrown terror plot to attack the U.S. Marine Corps base at Quantico, Va., and perceived overseas enemies of Islam. Seven either pleaded guilty to terrorism-related charges or were convicted at trial. The last, Jude Kenan Mohammad, was among four Americans confirmed as  being killed by drones in either Pakistan or Yeman since 2009, the Obama administration said in May.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 8th Terror Suspect Sought in North Carolina Suicide Bomber Crew is Jude Kenan Mohammad Exposed By Private Investigator Bill Warner.  NORTH CAROLINA JIHADI, JUDE KENAN MOHAMMAD, ARRESTED IN PAKI LAND TO JOIN THE TALIBAN, DID SAMIR KAHN’S NORTH CAROLINA TERROR WEBSITE INFLUENCE JUDE ? A U.S. official confirmed to FOX News that the name of the 20-year-old being held in Pakistan is Jude Kenan Mohammad, not Juddi Kenan, as previously reported. Officials told FOX News that Mohammad is part of an ongoing FBI investigation that has resulted in Monday, July 27, 2009.  Seven Charged with Terrorism Violations in Raleigh Charlotte North Carolina, Samir Khan’s pro Al-Qaeda website in Charlotte NC was shut down in June 2009.
 
   Bill Warner Private Investigator Sarasota Fl at www.wbipi.com
Advertisements